Sunday 16 October 2011

Mrs. Peel

Mrs. Peel is not only a fictional spy in the British 1960s adventure series The Avengers, which I find very funny and amusing, but it is also the main ingredient of the goodies I baked today: apple and pumpkin peel muffins.


If I think of all the times I have thrown away apple peel, I could have done muffins! It's a nice and tasty way of recycling ingredients you thought were useless, especially in this time of the year with pumpkins. I simply kept the peels left over from apple crumble and pumpkin soup and mixed them with flour, honey, eggs, butter, "sugar, spice, and everything nice". The result was a perfect autumn recipe, for a perfect autumn brunch on a perfect autumn day...

Enjoy
Martina




1 comment:

Thanks so much for reading! I appreciate your comments, enquiries, and suggestions :)

Tiny Hand With Heart