Thursday 10 November 2011

My battle horse

No worries dear Romi, my battle horse is definitely not Landi! I love him so much... and I love riding.






My battle horse is instead lemon curd and mascarpone cupcakes. A fresh and delicious recipe which looks amazing indeed. It's one of my favourite ones because it always turns out perfect. You try!



Ingredients for 12:
110 gr. butter
110 gr. sugar
110 gr flour
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of milk
2 teaspoons of baking powder
the peel of a bio-lemon
a pinch of salt
&
lemon curd:
the jiuce of 2 lemons
the peel of 4 lemons
1 egg
50 gr. butter
180 gr. icing sugar
 &
mascarpone
icing sugar

Procedure:
Preheat your oven at 180 C.
Put the butter in your mixer and start mixing it untill it's soft and creamy. Then add to it the sugar, the milk, and the eggs and beat. Last but not least add the flour, the baking powder, the salt, and the lemon peel. I prefer when there is a lot of peel, because I like the taste the lemon combined with the sweet fluffy dough. So exceed!
Spoon the batter in the paper cases and bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes.

For the lemon curd start beating all the ingredients in a bowl. Then slowly heat them in a bain-marie being careful not to cook the egg. Keep on stirring with a lot of patience because it may take about 30 minutes. If you see that your mixture is not getting any thicker add some icing sugar. It's ready when it's no longer liquid but creamy.
Of course you can buy it ready-made from the supermarket as well!

Serving:
Before you serve your cupcakes make sure they have cooled down. With a knife cut the upper part and remove it but don't throw it away or eat it ;) Put on your open cupcake a layer of mascarpone and one of lemon curd and reclose it. Some icing sugar and a slice of lemon and tehre you have the finishing touch!
(Store in the fridge for no longer than 2 days)

Enjoy, oh yes youll'do
Martina



 


 






Riding pictures by: Giot, thankyou!




4 comments:

  1. woooww, ihr seht super zusammen aus!! :)
    und das rezept ist bestimmt lecker, wie immer.
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there sweetie! Thanks for the lovely comment over my cooking blog, and also for following me, it means a lot to me! I'm following you now 2! If you want to check me on your followers list I'll be in the end because I don't have a profile picture(having problems uploading one) Great post and the cupcake looks delicious! Wish you great posting and recipes!
    You can come and visit my personal blog 2 and If you like it you can follow me, but I can't follow you twice because I have both blogs with the same add!
    Hope yo hear from you!

    Hope you're having a great evening!
    http://kikisbookofdreams.blogspot.com/

    My cooking blog, support me:
    http://kikiscookingtime.blogspot.com/

    xoxo Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful picture, cupcake, horse, rider

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! I appreciate your comments, enquiries, and suggestions :)

Tiny Hand With Heart