Friday 22 November 2013

Das Perfekte Dinner - Teil 1


Does anyone of you know the tv-show "The Perfect Dinner" ("Das Perfekte Dinner" in German)? I am sure many of you do! Well, my friends and I decided to organise amongst us a cooking contest like this one just for fun and yesterday the first dinner took place. It was so much fun! There´s 8 of us participating: Stephan & Christof, Sarah & David, Nils & Dominic, Umbo & I, and the rules are strict. Otherwise what competition would it be? Are you curious? I will update you after every dinner with photos, comments, and videos, and I do hope that after following our fun experience you might try to organise it yourself. 


Here are the rules:
There are four teams of two people;
Each team cooks for the other teams 3 courses;
Every team must receive the menu of the cooking team;
Everything must be home-made;
One joker guest may be invited to help the cooking team;
The other teams give points from 1 to 10 for each course and for decoration;
The joker may give just an overall grade from 1 to 10;
The maximum budget is 5€ per person;
Every spared Euro equals one extra point;
The team with the most points wins!
Winzibis with rival Sarah ;)
The tremendously creative menu we all received
from the Winzibis. Changes not included ;)
So the first ones to cook were Stephan and Christof, which we named the Winzibis. They cooked pumpkin cream soup, pork filet with tagliatelle and mushrooms in sour cream, and Austrian kaiserschmarrn. Everything was delicious and the decoration was lovely but we´ll have to see what the jury hast to say at the end… I personally enjoyed the entire meal, the company, and the entire evening. We all could see how much effort they had put into it, so chapeau guys. Plus the Winzibis´ joker was their friend Eva who has fulfilled her task wonderfully in praising the boys´ recipes and work. The next dinner is scheduled for the 4th of December and my brother and I will have to surprise the other teams with a superb dinner to try to gain more points than the Winzibis. So stay tuned because we already have so many creative ideas in mind; I´ll just give you a hint: Trieste, our hometown, will play a key role. I am so much looking forward to the next dinners, since the first one has been really great!

Sarah and I
Umbo and Nils Playing silly between courses 
Sarah and Umbo enjoying themselves
David and Umbo hidden by the glorious, jungle-like flower decoration.
The guests of the feast: Nils, Umbo, David, Eva, Me, Dominic!
As you know I love making videos so I decided to put together one of the whole experience and I am sure it will be fun to look at once we are finished with the competition. After the 4 dinners we will all meet again (in a restaurant, so no one has to sacrifice his apartment to 9 people again), watch the video, and the winning team will finally be announced. I am so excited! For now just a small recap of our first dinner yesterday. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I appreciate your comments, enquiries, and suggestions :)

Tiny Hand With Heart