Wednesday 13 November 2013

Lime cheesecake

Finally I am posting this beauty (and delicacy)! Lime cheesecake!
I made this cake because I received from a Brazilian friend a bag full of limes, which were spared from ending in a caipirinha at one of his crazy parties. I have no secret recipe of my own, but my personal favourite is the New York cheesecake recipe from Giallo Zafferano, to which I add the juice and grated peel of 4-5 limes, depending on the size of the cake. I also like to candy some lime slices to use as decoration by cooking them for a cople of minutes in hot water and sugar, then letting them cool down and compact; otherwise they will melt the whipping cream layer on top. This recipe is quite long and not so cheap in terms of ingredient's cost, but it is simply too delicious. It is also not the easist of recipes, so if you try it for the first time make sure you follow each step meticulously. But you must try it at least once!

Enjoy
Martina

2 comments:

  1. WOW. sieht lecker aus!!! wie immer :)
    xxx romi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Der schaut super lecker aus! Ich liebe Käsekuchen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! I appreciate your comments, enquiries, and suggestions :)

Tiny Hand With Heart